Intex Fountain - Its tooooo strong

sh9730

Apr 17, 2016
Casa Grande, AZ
Hi,

OK - finally getting around to attaching the Intex LED fountain - simple enough right? Except that since I upgraded to a bigger pump to solve the issues I have posted about before - when attaching it close enough to the return hose from the pump it sprays all the way OVER our 9' rectangular pool!!! Of course I figure there MUST be a way to adjust - right? Directions say - get a smaller pump!!! ARRGGHH..

SO, my plan is to put ON the 9' side of the pool and then it will be fine. BUT, the return hose is not long enough - and I only have one extra piece of hose right now and it will doesn't have the correct connection - they both have the threads with the big gray plastic tightener.

I said - OK - just to test it I can pull a couple of hose from the robot - even though I don't really want to keep taking it in and out when using the fountain (I have posted earlier that it really is just my wife that uses this pool and just floats - so leaving robot in all the time is preferred).

BUT, I am still having a major mental roadblock as to whether there are any of THOSE pieces of hose that will connect to the pump return hose - I don't see any of those with the right connection either?

I am absolutely sure at this point I am just missing something - and I will just go BUY another hose to keep connected to the fountain - but I need to make sure I get the correct one!

Help - I am thinking that INTEX probably sells an extra long pump return hose - but then I still have to connect/disconnect at the pump all the time....

TIA.

you are at the point of needing to hard pipe :) its better all around, you can actually use what you have and control how much water goes to where and where the suction comes from, it really is easy once you start :)

intex hard plumb - pump to 1.5 pvc
Another rectangular Intex over-the-seam skimmer and hard plumb thread

https://www.google.com/search?sites...hard+plumb+intex+site:www.troublefreepool.com
Agreed, hard piping will make it convenient to add T-fittings & valves.

Here is how I have mine hooked up:

83733413-7702-4CCE-85F7-C538FB3124A8_zps63e6jdat.jpg

Independent flow control to either the fountain or return.

Dom

I just installed an intex fountain on my 22ft agp and it shot nearly 3/4 the way across my pool. I took the 4 screws off the bottom and there is a plunger that bypasses some of the water flow. I took the spring off the plunger so it bypasses more water and now it shoots out about 3-4 foot so it's perfect!!!!

I just installed an intex fountain on my 22ft agp and it shot nearly 3/4 the way across my pool. I took the 4 screws off the bottom and there is a plunger that bypasses some of the water flow. I took the spring off the plunger so it bypasses more water and now it shoots out about 3-4 foot so it's perfect!!!!
Where is the bypassed water going if it is not coming out the fountain? Is it just running out of the seams or something?

Once the water enters the fountain from the hose attachment fitting it really has no where else to go but out of the sprayer.......

Dom

The plunger on the bottom is some kind of pressure release I assume. It has a spring on it so when the pressure is too much it pushes that spring down and allows the plunger to open and let water bypass. I'm guessing my pump was pushing too much pressure and was allowing it to bypass. If your pump never pushes too much pressure you would probably never see it come out the bottom. P.S. Nice set up Dom, you take pride in your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The plunger on the bottom is some kind of pressure release I assume. It has a spring on it so when the pressure is too much it pushes that spring down and allows the plunger to open and let water bypass. I'm guessing my pump was pushing too much pressure and was allowing it to bypass. If your pump never pushes too much pressure you would probably never see it come out the bottom. P.S. Nice set up Dom, you take pride in your work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That makes perfect sense. I only have a 3/4HP pump, and don't run the valve to the fountain wide open for the reasons already mentioned so I would never experience the bypass.

And thanks for the compliment!

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.