Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex filter pumps??

1. Back To Top    #1

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Intex filter pumps??

Everyone who has bought that pump loves it, the only one better is the saltwater generator pump because it makes your chlorine on the spot
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

That is the one that I have, very happy with it, but also I have a separate SWG

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey Piolin, what sand did you use and how much did you put in?
    Roc Davis: My pool. 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite, Intex 16" 3000GPH Sand filter pump combo, TF100

5. Back To Top    #5

It was 120 pounds of

HTH pool sand purchase at Ace Hardware store... 😊

Starting day 5/25/2015 INTEX AGP 24'x12'x54" 8,400 gal, with salt and borax, INTEX 3,000 GPH pump with 16"sand filter, WM Hayward Skimmer, Intex SWG CG-28669, 1 1/2" hard plumbed PVC, Lil' Shark Vacuum With Leaf Canister, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

6. Back To Top    #6

Awesome thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

I have had mine for 3 years now, I have the separate SWG. Those two changes have truly made my pool an absolute pleasure, my maintenance is extremely minimal I love it!!!
    Intex 18'x48" Ultra fram 6400 gallon Intex SWG

8. Back To Top    #8

I bought one this season to replace cartridge type filter. I love it. Low maintenance and easy to run. I did cut off the GFCI plug and replace with a standard plug to run it with a mechanical timer (the timer is protected by a GFCI outlet). This increases the ease of use. I am able to run the filter twice daily (for about 5 hrs each time). With the GFCI plug it would trip every time the mechanical timer clicked on. I also paired this pump with a SWG and it's perfect.
    Coleman 16'x48" Ultra Frame (5100Gal)
    1500GPH Coleman filter
    Intex SWG 7110 (7k Gals)