Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Hayward Swimpure+ and Timer Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Valley Center, CA

New Hayward Swimpure+ and Timer Issue

I have a new Hayward SwimPure+ control unit [replaced old Autopilot system]. I also got a new Pentaire 3 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump. The pump of course is programmable and can turn on by itself. The installer hooked it up to the existing Intex timer that powered the old equipment. As a result - the timer is now manually "ON". This is OK for the new pump but it also leaves the Hayward controller and Salt Cell "ON". My concern - what will happen to cell if it is left powered on 16hrs/day - day after day - when pump is OFF and there is NO FLOW. Will cell fail?.... or incur a reduced operating life.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: New Hayward Swimpure+ and Timer Issue

I faced the same delimma with my VSP and SWG. What I did is bypass the timer to power up the pump. I use the VSP interneral scheduler for off and on.

Then I wired SWG through the timer so it wont be perpetually "on" when there is no flow.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!