Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello, Thank you, Pool School Testimony

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello, Thank you, Pool School Testimony

Thank you for the quality of this site.
    Had a 16ft pool about 15 years ago. Very unsuccessful experience. Lack of knowledge.
    Found Pool School and began studying. Installed a new 15000 gallon above ground vinyl pool 6 weeks ago. The pool is used daily for therapy and recreation. It is very clear cut keeping it balanced and healthy using TFP. We started with the chlorine, and PH. Then the CYA to protect the CL. Next we raised the total alkalinity. Finally added the boric acid just today to protect the PH. I particullarly like the pool calculator forecaster where I can do "what if" calculations, so I know the full impact before adding chemicals. Every question I came up with I was able to find answers to on this site because somebody else had the same question before me. Thanks again for helping to simplfy the mystery of having a healthy pool.
    CL 4
    PH 7.4
    TA 70
    CA 40
    CYA 30-40
    Borate 40-50
    Temp 88
    Size: 15000, 32'x16'. Above Ground. Vinyl w/metal frame. 2,800 gph pump w/16" Sand filter. MFG Model: Intex 28647EG
    Maintenance Method: TFP. Test Kit: K-2006. Chlorine source: 10% liquid CL. CYA: 35, Borates: 45.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello, Thank you, Pool School Testimony

Welcome to TFP!!!

This is great to hear!!! You have clearly been doing your research
    If everyone did that, we would start to get bored around here
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the forum! Great testimony.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome story. It's gratifying to read that someone actually read pool school, incorporated it and isn't trying to reinvent the wheel.

nice job on keeping your pool troublefree!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Enjoy your weekend!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Great job!

I will just point out that TFP is run by volunteers and exists through the donations of folks who feel they received value from the site.

TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post

I will just point out that TFP is run by volunteers and exists through the donations of folks who feel they received value from the site.
    Thanks for the reminder, and now I have taken care of that.
    Thanks again for the terrific work you all do.
    Size: 15000, 32'x16'. Above Ground. Vinyl w/metal frame. 2,800 gph pump w/16" Sand filter. MFG Model: Intex 28647EG
    Maintenance Method: TFP. Test Kit: K-2006. Chlorine source: 10% liquid CL. CYA: 35, Borates: 45.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank YOU for becoming a TFP supporter. Badge looks good.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, and now I have taken care of that.
    Thanks again for the terrific work you all do.
    Thanks!

Looks like the lights are on for a couple of more days....
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon