Questions for Intex SWG users -

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
When do you run your system? Morning, afternoon, night time?

I like to run my filter at different times and can put it on a multi-setting timer, but I think the salt generator has to stay with the once-in-24 hour Intex system. Or will it hold its setting with an external timer?

Is there a way to run it, for example two 3-hour runs at like 4 in the morning and again at 6 in the evening?

Unfortunately not, it cant run on external timer. Everytime you disconnect power, it resets internal timer. But then again, why would you not run it at the same time everyday and for six hours straight? Seems you are overcomplicating things. I run mine for four hours at night. Pump runs 24/7, so no need to sync.

That is not correct. I run my Intex SWG on an external timer, and each time the timer turns it on, it immediately begins running for whatever number of hours I have it set for. I run it 3 different times throughout the day.

Mickelin - If I ran my pump 24 hours that would be fine, but I don't and I like to break it up - mostly so the skimmer can clear off the bugs and other wind-born trash a couple of times a day, then a good filter run after swim activity.

jeffchap and rdy2fly - thanks so much for that new info! that sounds like I can just set it for 2 or 3 hours and then run the pump two or three times a day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.