Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Questions for Intex SWG users -

1. Back To Top    #1

Questions for Intex SWG users -

When do you run your system? Morning, afternoon, night time?

I like to run my filter at different times and can put it on a multi-setting timer, but I think the salt generator has to stay with the once-in-24 hour Intex system. Or will it hold its setting with an external timer?

Is there a way to run it, for example two 3-hour runs at like 4 in the morning and again at 6 in the evening?
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Questions for Intex SWG users -

Unfortunately not, it cant run on external timer. Everytime you disconnect power, it resets internal timer. But then again, why would you not run it at the same time everyday and for six hours straight? Seems you are overcomplicating things. I run mine for four hours at night. Pump runs 24/7, so no need to sync.
    Intex Ultra Frame 24'x12'x52" (732cm x 366cm) rectangular pool
    Intex SF80220RC (1600 GPH) pump/sandfilter
    Intex SF10220 (1050 GPH) pump/sandfilter driving the
    Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner
    Intex 8220 ECO SWG, Brilix XHP100 9kW heatpump

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

That is not correct. I run my Intex SWG on an external timer, and each time the timer turns it on, it immediately begins running for whatever number of hours I have it set for. I run it 3 different times throughout the day.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

Correct, mine is the same way - it will automatically start with the external timer and retain its setting.

Coleman 18'x48' AGP
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 2800GPH
    Intex SWG
    **Under Construction** :)

5. Back To Top    #5

Mickelin - If I ran my pump 24 hours that would be fine, but I don't and I like to break it up - mostly so the skimmer can clear off the bugs and other wind-born trash a couple of times a day, then a good filter run after swim activity.

jeffchap and rdy2fly - thanks so much for that new info! that sounds like I can just set it for 2 or 3 hours and then run the pump two or three times a day.
    somewhere around 6,800 gal 18 x 4 foot round Intex Ultra Frame AG, finished filling August 29, 2013. toy pump w/ "A" cartridge up and running next day --- July 2015 upgraded to Krystal Clear 3000 GPH pump and 16" sand filter --- May 2016 Intex auto cleaner and in July salt system and Hayward skimmer