Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from San Clemente

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from San Clemente

Hello All,

CaptainCook here, my real name is Chad. First Off, thank you for having this site! I look forward to gaining as much knowledge as possible from you all. I just put in a pool and have been toying with the idea of going it alone on service and maintenance. I am a crazy do it yourselfer and love to tinker and try and learn about depending on myself to get little jobs done around the house - from house stuff to woodwork, to landscaping, to now pool boy!

I have 3 kids who are in love with the new pool and can imagine a ton of fun and bacteria going in the pool year-round. I have a Pentair system, and I'll try and put all the info on my message tags. Here is what I have:

FINISH: Pebble bottom pool and spa - approximately 11,000 gallons
    FILTER: Pentair FNS+ Vertical Grid D.E. Filter
    HEATER: Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater
    PUMP: Pentair Intelliflo 2VST
    SANITIZER: Pentair Intellichlor

I have a Pentair IntelliPH on the way and will install in a week or so... (hopefully that goes well)

Thank you in advance! I'll be reading up and checking out everything the site has to offer. Best, Chad

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from San Clemente

Welcome to TFP!

If you could dump all those details into your forum signature, that would be easier for folks to help you out if you have questions. Edit Signature
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. Just updated my signature!
    Chad aka CaptainCook - FINISH: Mini Pebble 11,000 gallon Ingroun Pool and Spa - FILTER: Pentair FNS+ Vertical Grid D.E. Filter - HEATER: Pentair Mastertemp 400 Pool and Spa Heater - PUMP: Pentair Intelliflo 2VST - SANITIZER: Pentair Intellichlor - CHLORINE: Pentair IntelliCHLOR - PH: Pentair IntelliPH

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.