Hello TFP! I made an introductory post under 'Introduce Yourself'. Now, I have a few questions and I'd appreciate any help!
- This pool is estimated 15 x 30 feet, depth 3-7 feet run on a Hayward DE4820, using ~6 lbs. of DE.
- There are 2 jet returns (red circles), 1 skimmer (black square), and a main drain (black circle) in the pool.
- There's a pool heater and chlorinator system tied in with this pool but I haven't touched them yet. Basics first.
1) As you can see in the picture, there are a ton of trees surrounding my pool. On a mildly windy day, I can clean the surface of the pool with a net and it will get dirty again within 15 minutes. Are there any particular strategies to deal with this issue besides cutting down the trees?
2) We use a DE filter and I backwashed it a few times. Is it safe to drain this DE waste directly onto my grass? I don't see any sewage drains from my backyard and I can't figure out where it's been drained in the past.
3) I had a pool guy (who worked on this pool with the previous owner) check out my pool yesterday and he informed me that he never used DE in this filter. I told him I added 6 lbs. per manufacturer recommendations and he informed me that 1 lbs. is enough if I want to add any at all. Does his recommendation sound correct?
Please let me know if there are details I neglected.
Edit: Attached is a water analysis done at a national chain pool company. I've adjusted alkalinity, pH, and chlorine since this test and I believe they're on par with recommended levels (based on test strips; I've ordered a TF-100 test kit and am still waiting for it.)
My only concern with this reading is CYA levels. I've read they should be in 30-50 range, and mine is much higher than that.