Check my Borates math Please

Jul 10, 2013
Northern Howell, NJ
The ounce/pound/gallon/boxes/by weight/by volume conversions in the Pool Math is killing me. Everything has a different unit of volume. I think I got it, but thought I would ask the question anyway.

Is this a correct equation?

55lb Bucket of granular Boric Acid from Duda = 18 Boxes* Mule Team + 5 gallons 31.45% MA?

* 17.7 boxes actually, but I can't buy a .7 box

I am. Coming out with $86 shipped with DudaDiesel or about $115 shopping at Lowes and Walmart. (7.88 per gallon MA & 4.17 per box Borax)

But the majority of posts here seem to say the Borax/MA tends to be cheaper. So I've convinced I am not comparing apples to apples.

Be careful with the 20 Mule Team Borax. They reduced the box size from 76 ounces to 65 ounces. Poolmath only shows the 76 ounce box size.

Not to knock PoolMath, but don't ever rely on the "box" or "jug" conversions. Manufacturers change packaging all the time. It used to be that bleach was sold by the 128 fl. oz gallon. Clorox unilaterally decided a gallon is now 121 fl. oz.

Vote "YES" on converting to the metric system!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.