Installing Hight Wind Vent

Jup

Jun 24, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I have a Hayward H250 heater that I installed last year. It replaced the exact same unit. I stripped some parts from the old unit including the High Wind Vent system. I did not reinstall this into the new heater at the time, but am now finding out that the pilot keeps blowing out and is a bit of a pain because the pool is not getting heated when I want it to. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the top panel of the heater to install the venting system. I remember it being a breeze to disassemble last year from the old unit. If I read the manual for the heater, it mentions the use of the same HWS vent that I have and says to refer to the manual in the box for the HWS for installation instructions. So I went to Hayward and they refuse to help me stating I need to get a registered gas contractor to install the vent. I know this is a fairly simple process, but need to get the small vent door removed first.

Does anyone have any experience with installing one of these?

Thank you,
Jup

If your replacement unit was the same as the old, then you should be able to install the stack easily. On these units you pull the top off, removes the center square from the top and then install the stack. Slide the top over the stack pip and then maneuver it in a way to get at the screws. Screw it in place.

If your replacement unit was the same as the old, then you should be able to install the stack easily. On these units you pull the top off, removes the center square from the top and then install the stack. Slide the top over the stack pip and then maneuver it in a way to get at the screws. Screw it in place.
That's what I had thought, but the center square seemed difficult to remove, so I didn't want to force it. But it sounds like it just needs some elbow grease to get it off.

Thanks,
Jup

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.