Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing Hight Wind Vent

1. Back To Top    #1

Installing Hight Wind Vent

I have a Hayward H250 heater that I installed last year. It replaced the exact same unit. I stripped some parts from the old unit including the High Wind Vent system. I did not reinstall this into the new heater at the time, but am now finding out that the pilot keeps blowing out and is a bit of a pain because the pool is not getting heated when I want it to. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the top panel of the heater to install the venting system. I remember it being a breeze to disassemble last year from the old unit. If I read the manual for the heater, it mentions the use of the same HWS vent that I have and says to refer to the manual in the box for the HWS for installation instructions. So I went to Hayward and they refuse to help me stating I need to get a registered gas contractor to install the vent. I know this is a fairly simple process, but need to get the small vent door removed first.

Does anyone have any experience with installing one of these?

Thank you,
    Jup

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Installing Hight Wind Vent

Pilot light? That's old school. Which H250 is it that you have? A picture would help.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    Pilot light? That's old school. Which H250 is it that you have? A picture would help.
    Thanks for the reply. It is a H250 millivolt model.

Here is the guide. Page six shows the stack install.

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...eries-hxxx.pdf

Thanks,
    Jup

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If your replacement unit was the same as the old, then you should be able to install the stack easily. On these units you pull the top off, removes the center square from the top and then install the stack. Slide the top over the stack pip and then maneuver it in a way to get at the screws. Screw it in place.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    If your replacement unit was the same as the old, then you should be able to install the stack easily. On these units you pull the top off, removes the center square from the top and then install the stack. Slide the top over the stack pip and then maneuver it in a way to get at the screws. Screw it in place.
    That's what I had thought, but the center square seemed difficult to remove, so I didn't want to force it. But it sounds like it just needs some elbow grease to get it off.

Thanks,
    Jup