Can't get it right

Jul 18, 2010
Chillicothe, MO
I have the K-2006. I have alreayd spent way too much money trying to get this right this year and pool water still cloudy with touch of algae bloom. Kids have been swimming off and on and now that my numbers as far as PH and Alk seem ok they are having some skin/eye irritation with no chlorine.
FC & CC 0 right now, have had it up to 30 several times but tired of dumping $ in
ph 7.4 with out chlorine
Alkilinity: 125
CH was about 150ish
CYA was beyond 30ish as I could still see black dot, I have added a bunch of stabilizer to try to bring that down some. But of course ran out of R-0013 to test after adding it in.

I want to try to dump more bleach in but am hesitant cause it seems like I am just dumping $ down the drain. Should I or do I need to do something else on water balance first?
Also, my filter seems to lose suction after a little while, I have to back wash it several times a day, I do not have that much visible gunk in the water, it is mainly just cloudy.

Thanks for any help!

Sounds like your CYA is too low and a lot of your chlorine is being lost to the sun.

And if the filter is clogging, you likely have algae too as a result of the FC being too low.

You need to follow the SLAM process.

"CYA was beyond 30ish as I could still see black dot, I have added a bunch of stabilizer to try to bring that down some. But of course ran out of R-0013 to test after adding it in."

I assume you mean BELOW 30?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.