Two bottom drains

They help keep the junk on the bottom of my pool out of there. I would be concerned about any water that is in the pipes not getting circulated. Good spot for algae to grow.

Just fyi, it isn't two bottom drains it is one bottom drain with a tee to two grates to prevent suction entrapment of kids against the drain. I like my bottom drain, when I brush my pool I turn all suction to the drain and brush all the dust and junk to the drain. I don't own a vacuum and my suction side cleaner annoyed me one time too many and got tossed in the corner months ago. I have kept the pool spotless, through spring, with a net, a brush and the bottom drain. And we have a LOT of trees. Pics in build thread, link in sig.

Normally they are tied into the skimmer box and there is an adjustment that allows you to increase or decrease the bottom drain suction. If pipes are not tied in that way, tee in near pump and put a valve in to allow you to adjust skimmer vs. bottom drain flow. If you have two separate pipes, you will need to tee them together before the valve or else suction entrapment could result and someone could drown.

The last owner walked away from house ( bank sale ) he took or sold all the pool equipment and took a saw and just cut all the pipes at pump. I paid $600 to reconnect all the pipes when I bought all new equipment. The pool guy just doesnt like bottom drains. He said they are useless. I want them conected.

I like my bottom drains. I put all suction to the drain when I brush my pool and brush all the debris to the drain. No vacuum and no pool cleaner. Life is good. :cool:

The last owner walked away from house ( bank sale ) he took or sold all the pool equipment and took a saw and just cut all the pipes at pump. I paid $600 to reconnect all the pipes when I bought all new equipment. The pool guy just doesnt like bottom drains. He said they are useless. I want them conected.
The reason that the pool guy may not want to install the MDs is because it can trigger VGBA requirements. This requires dual MDs with VGBA compliant covers or a SVRS system on the pump. Are you pulling permits for the work?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.