Pool Care Log

Aside from the test results, I note the following (recorded in an Excel spreadsheet):
  • Water Temperature
  • Top-offs
  • Backwashes
  • Any other chemicals that are added on an occasional basis (like when on vacation) such as trichlor pucks, Polyquat60 algaecide
  • Temperature hi/lo for the week along with any notes on other weather anomalies that occurred that week or whether we had a pool party that week.
  • Rainfall amounts for the week

The test results plus the above items are noted once a week. That's enough to give me sufficient trend info. Each year, I save off the prior year's log and start a fresh one for the new year. This way, I can compare trends across years.

Jamie...have you seen the graphical pool log by Jesse? I think it's up to version 3.3 and it's a great visual log if you have Excel. Graphs a lot of things...both current and historical trends and has the PoolMath calculator right in it. Since CSI is important for plaster it calculates that as well and shows you where you are aligned based on your "goals" (desired chemical level). I also track how much of what chemical I've added so I can go back and see the affect over time. You might also want to record pump runtimes which may vary from your normal schedule so you can explain variations in pH rise from aeration (and SWG production like Skippy mentions).

Thank you for those ideas. For now I've been keeping a log in a notebook and wondered what else to include. At one point I'd seen Jesse's spreadsheet and saved it, but didn't take the time to figure it all out because it was a little overwhelming to me. But my husband is the Excel guy, so maybe I'll have him help get me started with it. It looks like a great resource. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Aside from the test results, I note the following (recorded in an Excel spreadsheet):
  • Water Temperature
  • Top-offs
  • Backwashes
  • Any other chemicals that are added on an occasional basis (like when on vacation) such as trichlor pucks, Polyquat60 algaecide
  • Temperature hi/lo for the week along with any notes on other weather anomalies that occurred that week or whether we had a pool party that week.
  • Rainfall amounts for the week

The test results plus the above items are noted once a week. That's enough to give me sufficient trend info. Each year, I save off the prior year's log and start a fresh one for the new year. This way, I can compare trends across years.
Approximately how much CYA would be added by floating one puck for 5 days (vacation) in 14m gallon pool? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.