Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: doing another drain of water....

1. Back To Top    #1

Rancho Cordova CA

doing another drain of water....

I had a CYA level prior to covering my pool over 200 past winter. I did a partial drain a week ago and now I'm at 80 or so. Still much too high. I am doing another partial drain now. My pool is starting to get a little algae so Im putting a gallon or so of chlorine in daily and will slam it when I get down to 50 or below cya . Doesn't seem to any accurate way to determine how much water to drain down to get me to 50 or less.
    Greg ~ My pool: Plaster, 19,500 Gal Century V-Green 165 variable pump 1.65HP; Pentair Clean and ClearCtg filter; Polairs 380 with 1/2hp booster pump. Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Glendale, AZ

Re: doing another drain of water....

click this link

or see PoolMath
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: doing another drain of water....

If you are at 80 ppm CYA now and drain another 30% of your water it should bring you to around 54ppm. Being in Ca that may be a good spot.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System