Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Differences between Natl Chem Metal Free and other sequesterants?

1. Back To Top    #1

Differences between Natl Chem Metal Free and other sequesterants?

I'm preparing to do the AA process to remove metal stains in my vinyl pool w SWG. Local stores only carry Natural Chemistry Metal Free but The AA directions here say to use either Pro Team Metal Magic or Jack's Magic Purple Stuff. Is there a significant difference that justifies me ordering one of the latter two from online rather than using the Stain Free I can buy locally? Thanks.
    In-ground pool owner in NW Georgia: 18 x 37 IG Grecian vinyl pool installed April 2011: 27k gallons, Hayward SWG auto-cleaner with booster pump, Hayward Aquarite T-15 Salt System with timer freeze controls, Hayward Aqua Plus, 1.5 HP Tri-Star pump, 48 sq. ft. D.E. filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Differences between Natl Chem Metal Free and other sequesterants?

Natural Chemistry Metal Free is 1% Citric Acid. It will work, it will just take more of it.

Pro Team Metal Magic and Jacks Magic Purple stuff are sequestrates: they hold the metal in suspension. They don't actually remove the stains you need the Ascorbic acid or the Citric acid you suggested to get the metal off the surface and back in the water.

What directions are you looking at?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Differences between Natl Chem Metal Free and other sequesterants?

I'm looking at the AA treatment directions here on TFP.
    And, I meant to type "Metal Free" in my last sentence of my original post, not Stain Free.
    In-ground pool owner in NW Georgia: 18 x 37 IG Grecian vinyl pool installed April 2011: 27k gallons, Hayward SWG auto-cleaner with booster pump, Hayward Aquarite T-15 Salt System with timer freeze controls, Hayward Aqua Plus, 1.5 HP Tri-Star pump, 48 sq. ft. D.E. filter.