Hayward Skimmer for a Intex Setup

octanefam

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2015
Puyallup, WA
Ok I have posted here before but this weekend is when I will be installing the new skimmer and we can't wait to dispose of the Intex over the wall. So in the below picture where is the best place to put the skimmer. The Intex inlet is to the left and the return is the one on the right which I assume everyone already knows that.

I plan on just using the intex hoses until I have time to hard plumb. I waned to hard plumb but due to timing this year this may have to wait until next summer we have my son's Bday party on Sunday which I know I wont have the time to get that completed by that time.

So do I just close the intex plunger and just use the skimmer and my original return valve?

Do I place the skimmer to the left or right of the Intex inlet?

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Pool Setup.jpg
    Pool Setup.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 130
The hose on the right comes in from the pool, the one on the left goes back into the pool. When drawing water from the pool it comes through the strainer basket first, into the pump, then through the sand filter.
I would place the skimmer to the left of the right hand hose, between the uprights. You would just shut off the valve, undo the hose from it, and then put into the skimmer.

The hose on the right comes in from the pool, the one on the left goes back into the pool. When drawing water from the pool it comes through the strainer basket first, into the pump, then through the sand filter.
I would place the skimmer to the left of the right hand hose, between the uprights. You would just shut off the valve, undo the hose from it, and then put into the skimmer.

Ok thanks. You answered my question to the left of the inlet which is what I was thinking but wanted to be sure because I cut a hole in the liner:)

Thanks again,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.