Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No overnight loss, huge daytime loss, still cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

No overnight loss, huge daytime loss, still cloudy

This morning around 7:30 I measured around 20 FC .75 CC. Then at noon measured 16 FC and .5 CC so I added enough to get it back to 20. Then at 5:30 I just measured 11.5 FC and .75 CC. I'm in the middle of a slam, water still looks the same but I don't know where all my chlorine is going. Am I just going to have to dump 3 gallons of chlorine a day in?
    Pool Size: Round AG 18500 Gallons(27' x 52'' Deep)
    19'' Pentair Sand Dollar SD40 1.5HP Pentair Dynamo Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No overnight loss, huge daytime loss, still cloudy

Based on your SLAM FC number, can we assume your current CYA is 50? If so, then the FC of 20 is what you need, so yes, do you best to maintain it consistently. The algae (cloudiness) is taking your FC along with the summer sun. That also explains the rising CC level as it gets oxidized. It's a double-threat which is why it's so important this time of year to watch it closely. At some point that should become more steady.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: No overnight loss, huge daytime loss, still cloudy

Yep CYA is 50.