Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok, opinions on which tile? See pics *Updated*

1. Back To Top    #1

Ok, opinions on which tile? See pics *Updated*

We have Oklahoma Flagstone on our patio so the travertine is going to butt up against it.

Updated Photo. These are the ones we've narrowed down to:

first two on top left are lightstreams steel blue. Next on the top of lightstreams turquoise, final on top right is Arctic Lagoon. Bottom Right is Lightstreams Aqua and then underneath is our choice of Blue Surf, sitting next to Prism Blue which we thought we'd compare. I've wetted both, but unfortunately don't have the raw tiles, only on the backing.

Image 1 is the National Pool Tile Arctic Lagoon

Image 2 is lightstreams glass gold iridescent steel blue

Image 3 is the those two next to a few options from Noble Tile

Sun is coming down at 4pm so it did cause some glare!
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ok, opinions on which tile? See pics

I like the iridescent - but i'd also would want to see these held up next to a Pebblesheen sample

3. Back To Top    #3

In pic #3, I like the third from the left, top tile sample.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by allinspector View Post
    I like the iridescent - but i'd also would want to see these held up next to a Pebblesheen sample
    We're going with Blue Surf with abalone.

I didn't have one with me unfortunately, but very good idea. I'll get one to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    In pic #3, I like the third from the left, top tile sample.
    that one is Noble Tile Galaxy Blue.
    http://nobletile.com/wp-content/uplo...GG82348B17.gif

It's really just a clear medium blue color glass.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
    that one is Noble Tile Galaxy Blue.
    http://nobletile.com/wp-content/uplo...GG82348B17.gif

It's really just a clear medium blue color glass.
    i like the shape and calming simplicity of it. The others seem too busy-busy to me.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

tough choices here I DO NOT envy you!

I'm with Yippee on this one.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

I like the Lightstreams!
    18 x 38 gunite, 39-7 deep, 8 x 12 tanning ledge with 8 deep water, umbrella sleeve, 2 LED bubblers.
    2 Pentair LED lights, 16 long fiberglass hill slide and jump rock. Sand dune pavers/coping. TF-100. My build: Georgia Pool Build.... No Longer O/B :))

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

The second from the left has too much glare for me to say. I'm most familiar with the LS Steel Blue and the Arctic Lagoon, so I'd feel more confident with one of those two. Blue Steel if you want a darker, more dramatic look. The Arctic Lagoon if you want something brighter and lighter. For me, I'd go with the Arctic Lagoon. All are beautiful - personal taste.

In case you don't already know, to get the truer colors of the glass, be sure the installers use a white thinset rather than gray. The grout can be any color you prefer.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

We always leaned towards the Lightstreams but now are leaning towards Arctic lagoon.

I still have two more colors coming from Lightstreams, they have one close to Arctic lagoon were going to compare.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

10. Back To Top    #10

They are both so lovely! I don't think you can go wrong with either. But I'm really liking the Lightstreams Gold iridescence steel blues! Wow!
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

11. Back To Top    #11

Given Lightstreams customer service I would use something not from them. NPT has a few that look very similar to the Lightstreams.
    Completed April 2016: 22x36 3.5-5.5-4 Inground, 17,500 gallons, Aquapure SWG, Jandy 2hp Variable Speed, Jandy 460 Cartridge Filter, Polaris 280, Aqualink PDA4, Jandy Nichless LED lights, Diamondbrite color Steel Blue, Noche Travertine Coping & Deck

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

All of your tile choices are beautiful! I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.
    If you end up going with the Lightstreams tile, make sure you allow several extra weeks on the lead time they give you. It's all made to order, it's busy season and they sometimes have delays from their suppliers. They may not tell you all of this, but this was my experience. If you add several weeks but end up getting it on time-bonus! If you add several weeks and it takes several extra weeks you save yourself and your builder the frustration of expecting it on time. It's beautiful tile. I used the Peacock and had them make it 2/3 iridescent 1/3 regular (usual is 50/50). It looks amazing. Customer service not so amazing.
    Their turquoise iridescent is gorgeous! I loved it but it was too light for our build, Steel Blue was too dark, but also beautiful.
    The Arctic Lagoon was another of my favs. Seriously, you can't go wrong.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

13. Back To Top    #13

After having it outside for what is close to 24 hrs and arranging in different positions etc. We are leaning more towards the Arctic Lagoon. The idea of the lightstreams really intrigued us and we wanted to like it more. but unless the sun is hitting it at certain angles it tends to look just "there", if that makes sense. I prefer the slightly darker blue, but the lightstreams doesn't "pop" as much as I had hoped.

Our pool will run East West and will get sun about half the day so we have gone out and looked at it during all periods of light. We actually have about 8 pieces of each tile swatches so we were able to place it in many places at the same time to get the look. One of the things I did like about the Lightstreams is the bull nose pieces they make for the edging/cornering so it wraps around the corner rather than butting up two tiles. Still considering and perhaps one of the lighter colors from LS that should arrive today will make a difference.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

14. Back To Top    #14

I'm with Crickets and nini. It is great to have choices where none will be wrong!!

See if you can figure out a way to look at the glass tile under water. That'll eliminate the surface glare I'm betting and will give you a more realistic impression of overall color and "bling".

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by BigEinAZ View Post
    I'm with Crickets and nini. It is great to have choices where none will be wrong!!

See if you can figure out a way to look at the glass tile under water. That'll eliminate the surface glare I'm betting and will give you a more realistic impression of overall color and "bling".
    LOL we actually did that. We took the largest Glass Dish we have and filled it with water and put on the lawn on top of some light paper. We could only get the water about 4" deep due to the dish, but it allowed us to get an idea.

USPS shows the other colors from Lightstreams should arrive today. The truth is, I really like the Arctic Lagoon. I just wish they had one a slightly darker color. I have even toyed with using a light gray vs a white adhesive/mastec or whatever they use to see if it would darken slightly. I did place the tile on a light gray background and it did make a difference, I just wonder as Suz mentioned, if the white is the way to go for more refraction/reflection.
    Brian (Frisco, TX)

16. Back To Top    #16

Re: Ok, opinions on which tile? See pics *Updated*

Update with new tiles

first two on top left are lightstreams steel blue. Next on the top is lightstreams turquoise, final on top right is Arctic Lagoon. Bottom Right is Lightstreams Aqua and then underneath is our choice of Blue Surf, sitting next to Prism Blue which we thought we'd compare. I've wetted both, but unfortunately don't have the raw tiles, only on the backing.

Brian (Frisco, TX)

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

I can't find your pool build to refresh my memory of your pool's overall look and feel. I found 2 other threads - one about Lightstreams and another about pool depths. Can you put the link to your build in your signature? Thanks!
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    I can't find your pool build to refresh my memory of your pool's overall look and feel. I found 2 other threads - one about Lightstreams and another about pool depths. Can you put the link to your build in your signature? Thanks!

Can't decide on back wall yet, but here's the two choices.

Brian (Frisco, TX)

19. Back To Top    #19

Brian (Frisco, TX)

20. Back To Top    #20

The back wall with the pedestals have more visual interest in my opinion. I think they give you the option of adding some great decorative urns or planters as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast