TF-100 arrived today. Here are my results

How does your water look? Were you SLAMing it that your FC is on the high side? If not it will drop on its own in a few days- no worries there.

Reference for Levels: Pool School - Recommended Levels

Your TA is high, which drags your pH up too. Use Muriatic Acid to lower both, then use aeration to raise the pH back up to 7.5 or so. Here are the directions-->
Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

no i was not slamming my pool. the pool water has been crystal clear. i appreciate the link for the recommended levels. i had not seen that one. i am planning on going by the Depot on my way home tomorrow to pick up muriatic acid. would it be ok to just point my return jet up because i have not made a fountain yet.

Another option is to use a sump pump if you have one, placed on a stair secured and let the return hose pump that water immediately back into the pool with a bit of splash. But yeah, the return jet will work too, but perhaps slower.

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 40
What are we doing with the aeration??? That raises pH and you sure don't need to!

Assuming your water is crystal clear, I would leave everything as it is. Sure, your TA is high but it will naturally come down.

It seems like you are3 fixing something that isn't really broken and will get better on it's own.

So basically I do not need to do anything. Gonna have about 10 people over for 4th of July next weekend. Do you think it will be ok?

I think what everyone was saying was that once I put some muriatic acid in that it would bring TA down as well as ph. Then the aeration would help to bring ph back up. I think that is what was said

Yeah, I see where you were going but your pH is as high as you want it. Just leave everything alone and monitor. I would check pH daily because I think it will (on it's own) jump to 8.0 and THEN, you need to add muriatic to bring it down somewhere around 7.4....that's it...leave TA alone.

Monitor pH every day or couple of days. Post back if it jumps to 8.0 again. If it keeps doing that, THEN you can adjust TA.

Certainly, go swimming on the 4th. That what pools are for. :laughblue::laughblue:

Yes, that's what was said. I personally would do it as I like things "in order" and as close to ideal as soon as possible. A high TA makes the pH rise faster. So its your call. :cool:

Apparently Duraleigh has more patience than I, knowing that throughout the season as your pH rises and you lower it with MA, it will eventually bring that TA down too.

Yippee :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.