Intex Pump Leaks

Jun 23, 2016
Rockaway Beach
No matter how hard I screw on the lid and make sure it's even/level, the pump still leaks despite the O-ring being present etc.

Anyone else with this problem?

Should I just upgrade away from these pumps? This is my 2nd one after the first one never worked. Leaks in area highlighted in green.

IntexPoolPumpLeakage.jpg

Welcome to TFP :)

You can try some pool lube and see if it works but the most promising way is to replace it with a 2800 or 3000 GPM intex sand filter, they actually work :)

OMG, so frustrated!

So I read everything I could on getting a larger better pump, I can't use the 2800 or 3000 GPM pumps as my pool is only 3,000+ gallons, so I bought the 635T model and everywhere it stated it is 1 1/4" hose, only to find out it is 1 1/2". So unless I empty the pool below the holes there's no way to use this pump. So annoyed!

Ok not to sure why you could not use the larger pump. But you can buy a 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 barbed reducers at your local hardware store or any ware that sells plumbing supplies. Then all you need is a short pc of 1 1/2 hose and your good to go... I quickly googled it and all the descriptions i found said it was a 1 1/2 pump but said their is also a adapter you can buy for 1 1/4 hose. To get the parts at local hardware store including a pc of hose your easily under $10 in parts

Amazon.com: INTEX 1.25 Games

Amazon.com : INTEX 1.25 Garden

I think I have a set of the lower ones that came with my SWG I don't need. I can mail them if you are comfortable giving me your address. Send me a PM if you want. Won't go out until tomorrow but should get there Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ahhh! I wish I saw this before, I searched and searched & found that one you posted, Amazon.com : INTEX 1.25 Garden bought it & it arrived today. New pump to be installed tomorrow! Thank you all for your support! Love this site!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.