Finally Building - Manvel TX

We've been pretty slow the last few weeks. It has rained a lot and that's not good when you're trying t do stone work. They finally got the slide/grotto/ waterfall finished yesterday. They formed out the deck today. We're supposed to pour the deck the next time we have a hole in the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see a close up of the slide and surrounding rock!

So WHEN is plaster???? Make sure to be there when the truck shows up to make sure it is the right color and they have any extras you asked for.

Here is a link for you. Make sure to share it with your PB as he is the one holding the warranty card:

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Note the "30 days no swimming" depends on what kind of start up is used. Ask your PB when you can swim.

Here are some links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of into but will make sense once you start using it;

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions or concerns you have.

:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What are they using to polish it? That is going to be so pretty when it is done!

They looked like some kind of buffing wheel driven by pressure washers. Must've had 10 pressure washers running in my back yard at the same time. Glad I don't live in town because I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't have appreciated the noise. It's a pebble plaster but this leaves it with a very smooth finish (we wanted the durability of pebble but my wife didn't like the rough texture).

Filling now. Based on my math were looking at just under 40 hours to fill completely.

Neat idea to have it polished! Have you felt it yet to see how it feels? When can you get in?

It's completely smooth. We got in this afternoon. PB said we could swim while it was filling without issue as they haven't added any chemicals yet so it's just our well water. It was just me with the kids so taking pictures while wrangling kids wasn't happening. I'll post some more close ups of the plaster tomorrow.

When will you have your Pool School? Don't forget about the links I shared before. We want that pool staying that pretty for a long time!

Pool school will be next week sometime (though I think I have a handle on everything thanks to this site). I read all the links and I have my TF-100 so I'm ready.

Closeup of the plaster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.