Finally Building - Manvel TX

Re: Finally building

That's nowhere NEAR the mess it could have been.

Just don't kill all that beautiful timber buy filling in over the roots in the drip zone. There's a right way to do that and a wrong way. By the time the tree tells you, it's too late to save it.

That's nowhere NEAR the mess it could have been.

Just don't kill all that beautiful timber buy filling in over the roots in the drip zone. There's a right way to do that and a wrong way. By the time the tree tells you, it's too late to save it.

Yeah I wasn't really happy with how they spread out the dirt. These trees are really hardy though (survived two years when the house was vacant before we bought it) so I'm not too worried. I'll be renting a machine to smooth it all out and move some of it around how I wanted it after the pool is complete and I don't think it will create a problem before then.

One last pic for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally building

Went to the pool store today (I know I know) to get a baseline test of my well water. Mainly was worried about dissolved metals because the TF-100 doesn't test for that. Guy was halfway through his pitch on what chemicals I needed before I managed to get him to understand that this was my tap water.

Also look what showed up today.

On edit: not sure how I ended up with the same picture twice. The photobucket app seems to be having issues today.

Finally building

Time for an update

6/30: Majority of the rebar done
7/1: Finish up rebar, excavation crew had to come back and fix a few things that weren't right, start of plumbing.
7/2: Plumbing was supposed to be finished, but they broke/lost one of the special fittings for the LED bubblers. They didn't fess up until yesterday but more on that later.
7/3-7/4: No activity
7/5 The PM comes by in the morning as we were supposed to have gunnite 7/6 to walk the job. I point out a couple of plumbing issues that need to be fixed that day (auto fill pipe was on the wrong side of the pool, spa return pipes were not level, and one of the bubblers was not complete). He said that he had been told that everything was ready and would get ahold of the plumbers to get those things addressed. Well he calls the plumber and the plumber tells him that there was a piece missing from one of the bubblers. I don't know how that could be as they were factory sealed when they were delivered to my porch but okay. The real question is why didn't you tell us this on Friday when we could have addressed it. Anyway long story short it takes a day to get a new bubbler fitting so were hosed for the planned gunnite day.
7/6: New LED bubbler shows up. Plumbers came and completed everything to my and PMs satisfaction. Gunnite rescheduled for tomorrow. Also got our pre gunnite green tag so we should be good to go tomorrow. Hoses up my work schedule but I'm pretty sure my boss (me) will be understanding.

Picture of how it sits now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

That is huge! Though mine isn't nearly as big, being all Jandy, we have a number of similar components and features. We also went with the iAqualink. I'm more than a little interested to see if my pb manages to get all that set up properly, ie on the home network etc...

What steel schedule did your PB use?

That is huge! Though mine isn't nearly as big, being all Jandy, we have a number of similar components and features. We also went with the iAqualink. I'm more than a little interested to see if my pb manages to get all that set up properly, ie on the home network etc...

What steel schedule did your PB use?

As far as I can tell from reading manuals the automation should be straight forward. Steel was 1/2" bar on 6" centers due to our expansive soil.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.