Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Multi-Port Leaking into Waste Line

1. Back To Top    #1

Multi-Port Leaking into Waste Line

Been a rough week for my pool. I have a hayward sp710xr50 Vari-Flo. Long story short, I took my plumbing apart to replace some parts. I put everything back together except for putting the hose back into the "waste" port. I started the pump on "filter" setting and noticed some water coming from the "waste" port consistently (which may explain some of my dropping water level suspicions). Do I need a new multi-port or do I just need to replace the valve seat gasket? Thank you.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Multi-Port Leaking into Waste Line

I would start with the gasket and see if that fixes the problem.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

Part should be in tomorrow. Hope it's the fix. Thank you.

4. Back To Top    #4

kingston springs, tn

It sounds like the Spyder Gasket. Inyo pools has a good instructional replacement video on their website.
    18x36 IG vinyl 18,000 gal, Hayward super pump 1hp - 1.5" pipe, Pentair Triton TR-60 sand, Pentair Itellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Intellibrite 5G 12v color LED light, Polaris 280 cleaner, Hayward Booster pump, Intermatic Power / Timers.

5. Back To Top    #5

Just replaced the spyder gasket and still have the same issue. Maybe I need to buy a new multi-valve? No clue how the water is getting into the waste port when it is set to filter.