Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vacuum help with Intex ultra frame Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Vacuum help with Intex ultra frame Sand Filter

Hello all,

I have purchased an Intex ultra frame 18X52 pool with the sand filter pump. Everything is going good right now. However I am concerned about vacuuming.

I do not have a skimmer as all I have found don't really work really well with the ultra frame unless you cut a hole. My problem is that I have 2 intake valves which end up running into a Y connection before it's connected to the pump (this is where the shut off valve is for the intake).

Ive tried vacuuming but I am having a hard time not getting air in the hose. (To connect it to the pump I have to take the hose out of the water so it creates air bubbles in the hose)

Any suggestions on a way to not get air into the hose while I take it out of water and connect it straight to the pump?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vacuum help with Intex ultra frame Sand Filter

Hello and welcome to TFP! Take a look at this video and slide-on over to 2:11. See if something like that would work so you can connect the hoe inside the pool. Nice to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!