Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Too good to be true? Normally I add approx 2 lbs at a time in a sock in my skimmer. This time around, I switched to a different brand (Aquabrite Chlor-Sta) and hung the sock in front of my return. This brand is perhaps slightly more granular, but not by much. There was a white fog trailing out from the sock like a comet's tail, and it didn't take long at all...1 hour later it is mostly gone. In front of the return, there is a lot more turbulence and the sock gets buffeted around a lot more. The sock is not compromised in any way, no undissolved granules escaped as far as I could tell. Typically I see it dissolved in the skimmer after 24 - 48 hours. :confused:

Cool, I'll verify it with the turbidity test tomorrow. My water temp is 86 F. I'm trying to recover from a catastrophic loss of CYA, and this will surely make things easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.