Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wobbly pool ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Wobbly pool ladder

5th season (if I remember right) with our Intex. Overall very satisfied with the whole experience.

Decided it was time to replace the ladder due to rust, and decided to stick with the basic Intex ladder. Now the original Intex ladder has never been the most solid feeling ladder, but it's been adequate enough. Good God they've managed to loosen the tolerances even more and change up the design a bit and the new ones are even more wobbly than my old one. I mean this new ladder is like a wet noodle. I doubt it will collapse, but I could get motion sickness this thing wiggles around so much. Ok perhaps the motion sickness is an exaggeration.

I've given Intex credit on here for a lot of things, gonna have to take some away on this one. Rant over.
    18'X48" Intex Easy Set, 2650 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWCG, Intex deluxe skimmer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wobbly pool ladder

8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

I like that one and considered it.

In the end, this one again will be adequate. Just surprised that a redesign on a wobbly ladder would include making it a bit wobblier.

We'll probably be making the transition to a hard sided pool in the next year or two, will get a nice ladder or pool deck then. My youngest and shortest child is just about tall enough for the extra depth.

4. Back To Top    #4

mine was the same way. i actually put some of the 16" paving stones under my ladder then took EMT conduit straps and strapped it down to the the pavers which really helped mine out alot. i used a hammer drill to drill the holes and tapcon screws secure the straps to the pavers.
    Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 2100 GPH pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer