Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to SLAM

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to SLAM

I think I know the answer to this already, but being a pool newbie I figured it doesn't hurt to double check. The last three days my FC has been 0. I shock it, my FC goes up, then the next day it is back down to 0. Does this mean I need to SLAM it?
    9800 Gallon, In-Ground, Fiberglass, sand filter, Pump - Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP Model Number PHK2RA6F-103L, SWG - Optimum Pool Technologies Simple Cell, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to SLAM

Yes. How are you testing your water?

3. Back To Top    #3

Probably ... post up a full set of test results ... you have one of the Recommended Test Kits?

Most important is what is your CYA level? If that is basically 0, it is not surprising to lose all your FC to the sun every day.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a TF-100 on order, should be here by Monday. Currently using off-the-shelf test strips and Leslie's Pool test results. I'll post full test results a little later. I tend to believe Leslie's more than my own at the moment. Test strips showed that CYA was 50 one day, then jumped to 90 the next, then back down to 40, which is probably why everyone on the forum recommends to not use them. But that's all I got for now, so it is what it is.
    9800 Gallon, In-Ground, Fiberglass, sand filter, Pump - Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP Model Number PHK2RA6F-103L, SWG - Optimum Pool Technologies Simple Cell, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I would suggest just waiting until Monday then.

Just add a 1/2 jug of bleach a day until then.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!