3 Way Valve Question

PNWDad

Apr 14, 2016
Portland, OR
This is a photo of a 2 in (inside slip) Pentair 3 way valve that I purchased. I was disappointed to see that the design incorporated what looks like a substantial flow bottleneck (see the "eye" shaped PVC in the inlet). My question, can someone tell me if the other brands of 3-way valves also have this eye-shaped bottleneck? My pentair 2-way valves have a round inlet-stop that meets flush with the diameter of PVC that is intended to fit inside the slip, so I know it is possible.

PA3Valve1.jpg

Thank you!

Once you put the pipe inside, then the "eye" shape is nearly gone. I would not call it a "substantial flow bottleneck" if you are using 2" pipe. If you were using 2.5" pipe with a coupler on the outside, then it would be more of a bottleneck.

BUT, a short restriction like this does not add a huge amount of head loss and will have very little impact on the flow rates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.