Brushing a pool (every wee no matter what?)

May 11, 2016
MD
I think this is where I fail a bit... I do have a polaris sport that runs around the bottom... seems to get most dirt... but not all as when I do brush lots of stuff moves around in different areas.

But do you have to brush a pool no matter what. I guess I ask cause I always see brush while SLAMING, but I guess it is just a normal thing to do... and I forget.

I wish i bought a robot instead, but i didn't know anything at the time.

At a minimum, the pool should be brushed in it's entirety every week. The Polaris should allow you to brush the bottom less and help with circulation, but you should certainly brush the sides each week. I have a robot and sometimes I get a bit lazy and don't brush every week, but my robot climbs the sides and does a pretty good job on the entire pool.

Sometimes it looks and feels like you're doing nothing, but you're dislodging dirt and dust, along with breaking the biofilm which forms over algae cells to protect them from the chlorine, especially in areas with poor circulation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.