Do I Need to Add Anything? Why is CH So High??

Thank you thank you! Good to know re the TA - that certainly puts me at ease regarding that.

I know, the pH is crazy. OK, will add more MA today.

Cool, will do re CYA. Unfortunately, going to have to turn it over to the service company late next week, as we're leaving town for a stretch at the end of the week, but will have things to as good a place as possible, and I guess from thereon out will have them tell me exactly what they add so I can keep an eye on all the numbers myself as well and add whatever I need to accordingly.

Thanks!

Sorry, a quick caveat - if the PB is demanding TA 80, your warranty may depend on it. Consider making adjustments to raise the TA after you've retested it (don't forget to wipe the tip of the bottle with a damp cloth between drops) to make sure it's right. You don't want to follow our advice and then void your plaster warranty!

Thanks. Oh no, I was just saying that's what the instructions from Wet Edge say, nothing coming from PB or plasterer (we contracted that separately) re that, or any of the numbers for that matter. Neither the PB nor the plasterers are doing any testing of their own, so I'm not too worried about that. Will retest this evening though and see where we're at. Since you mention it, I am curious what the purpose of wiping the tip between drops is? And I've just been wiping it on my t-shirt (which is relatively clean) - I assume that's OK, or should I really get a separate damp cloth?

The tip on the bottle of that reagent tends to generate a static electric charge when new, which causes smaller drops to form. That can lead to false high test results. Wiping the tip with a damp cloth removes the static charge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.