Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The end is near in Nor Cal, I hope.

1. Back To Top    #1

The end is near in Nor Cal, I hope.

Hello, I was excited then frustrated and now excited again. I found this website in the frustrated stage of the project so I did not post pictures. There is a lot of information here, Thank you guys. I wish I had found it sooner. Now that we are in the final stretch I am excited and back into it. We started the contract in February permit was pulled in March and they started in April. The deck is scheduled to be poured this Friday. We are having an in ground free form pool installed. It is going to be 35 by 18, 3.5 to 6 feet deep. We are going with pebble finish and a salt finish deck. I will post picture when I figure it out.
    New pool under construction, in the gunite stage. I will add more details as they come.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The end is near in Nor Cal, I hope.

That is great! Looking forward to pictures.
    Memphis TN New to owning a Pool.Appx. 25,000 gallon inground gunite outdoor pool appx 20x40 curvy shape surrounded by 10 large crepe myrtles and other trees.Pool was installed about 20 years ago.
    Triton II Sand Filter Pentair Chlorinator 3" tabs Polaris vacuum 3' to 7' with a diving board. Taylor 2006 FAS DPD Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds about like us last year - we started looking in February, signed a contract in March, had a permit in April, and finished at the last of July...

We were frustrated during the build by the city, the builder at times, and the strange schedule of the subs...

We are really enjoying our pool this year. You should be swimming soon!
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Automatic Safety Cover. No Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

New pool under construction, in the gunite stage. I will add more details as they come.

5. Back To Top    #5

I added some pictures. The concrete deck was poured Friday and is looking good. It is nice to see progress. The interior is next, hopefully soon. It has been around 105 here. Can it be to hot to do the pebble interior?

6. Back To Top    #6

Heat can be a concern when installing pool finishes. Discuss that with your PB. With Pebbletec/sheen it usually shot one day and acid washed and filled the next day. I don't know about having the surface exposed in 100+ temps. If it should be wetted or not. Definitely worth a conversation.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach