Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pebble not filled all the way!

1. Back To Top    #1

Angry Pebble not filled all the way!

Stayed up this morning to make sure my new pool and spa were filled up to the top completely. It finished at 4:30am. Went to bed. Woke up at 6:30 to find out the spa went down about 1/2 way. PB says that one of the valves is probably turned the wrong way and he may be able to come by today to fix it. I am freaking out that this may affect the pebble in the spa since some of it is exposed now. What should I do?? Will it be ok? Should I hammer the PB? Mayday!
    14-15k gallon (450 sq ft) IG Pool w/ Pebble. Pentair Quad 60 Filter, Intelliflow Circ/Jets Pump, SWG, Solar (300 sq ft), Auto Fill, Easy Touch, LED Lights

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pebble not filled all the way!

Put a sprinkler on it.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

you have pictures of the valves and we can figure out how to keep it from draining I think you will be better off refilling. I would push the builder tell them you are worried about developing a ring where the water drained to.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

4. Back To Top    #4

He knows I'm freaking out about it. He says they need to turn on the panel and do it that way. We did the easy touch deal.
    14-15k gallon (450 sq ft) IG Pool w/ Pebble. Pentair Quad 60 Filter, Intelliflow Circ/Jets Pump, SWG, Solar (300 sq ft), Auto Fill, Easy Touch, LED Lights

5. Back To Top    #5

you can also change valves manually - even the electric ones

they have switch on them

post a picture here and the smart people will likely be able to give you guidance
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi all-

Really appreciate all the help! PB ended up showing up at 8am and fixed the issue. No damage to the pebble! Thank goodness. What a nightmare!

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad to hear it's all fixed.