What lines are what?

Dec 1, 2015
Eliot, ME
We just bought a house with a 20x40 inground Pacific Steel pool. The problem is that the equipment has been plumbed into the basement and we need to get it rerouted outside of the house. (It flooded the basement prior to us buying it). The problem is that we don't know what intake pipes go to what source (skimmer, main drain, etc). I have found the pipes underground outside and we are going to get ready to cut and redirect to a platform. Could anyone help with explaining what the lines might be?
We are also having a tough time deciding what type of filter to get that would be optimal for the size of our pool. The previous owner hadn't opened the pool in 4-5 years so I've turned the frog pond into a hazy aqua but can't see the main drain at the bottom. I think we only have 2 return jets that I can see. But we have 5 pipes leading into the wall. I have pictures of everything I just don't see where I could post them.

image.jpgThank you so much for your responses! I will try to use the shop vac technique- please don't laugh at my naivety- am I blowing the air after I make the cut on the outside pipe? I have stoppers in all of the ports that I know of. We don't want to be flooded with water when we go to make the changes. Or should I drain the pool down below the openings in the pool and hope for the best with the main drain line? As you can see inside there are two lines coming in on the left next to each other, then in the middle there is one line with black pvc. On the right the two lines (shown in the dirt picture as well) have one attached line and the lower smaller one is cut off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.