Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aquacomfort act750 heat pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Aquacomfort act750 heat pump

Hello there,

Does anyone know if the Aquacomfort ACT750 comes standard with the option to keep the filter pump running until it reaches the desired temp. One dealer did state the filter pump would need to be on ie with timer for the heat pump to sense the water temp and if it wasn't at the desired temp then the heat pump would be able to keep the filter pump on until it got to temp. And it would require an electrician to do some certain hook up. One dealer quoted me a lower price with free shipping but was unaware of this option and the other who is local said their unit comes standard with it but it's considerably more money. I am getting mixed answers on this.

Thank you in advance.

14x22 radiant freeform, 6800 gallons, Semi AG, DE Hayward, Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-HP, installing 7/14/2016, TF100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Aquacomfort act750 heat pump

The Aquacomfort I have doesn't have any automation directly to control a pump. It will accept a relay input to turn the heat pump on and off. If you just have a pump timer to control your pump you will need to add a separate timer or relay to control the heat pump. Here is a link to the owners manual. The controls on the unit are very basic.

http://www.aquacomfort.com/wp-conten...Manual-R22.pdf
    Chuck-
    15x30 Above ground, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is funded by member support click here to help

3. Back To Top    #3

I see. Thank you. The one dealer told me that their model has the option built in and that I would just need to inform my electrician so he can wire it up.

14x22 radiant freeform, 6800 gallons, Semi AG, DE Hayward, Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series 1-1/2-HP, installing 7/14/2016, TF100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

It's not that it's impossible to wire the heat pump to control the pool pump it's just not built into that unit according to the manual. Aquacomfort only sells units thru authorized dealers and I'm sure they can customize the controls to suit the needs of a dealer. Or that one dealer is giving you a kit of parts they have put together to make the unit work as you described. The control panel on that unit is very basic and it would be very easy to set up some relays to do what you are describing. Also make sure both dealers are talking about the same unit. There are other heat pumps on the market with similar names.

- - - Updated - - -

My ACT750 heat pump I purchased this year from my PB in CT cost about 2000 if I remember correctly. I don't know if that helps or not.
    Chuck-

5. Back To Top    #5

Really. That's even less than what I was quoted. Could you share the name of your PB? I was quoted $2500 no sales tax w/ free shipping to Long Island. Locally they are asking $2800 + tax and I'd have to pick it up.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I got mine from treats pools, they are a local builder in south east CT. The unit weighs about 200lbs and is roughly a 3 foot cube shipping is going to be costly. They may have given me a discounted price because I bought it as part of my pool from them. Aquacomfort has its head quarters and builds its units in Wallingford, CT. On their website they say they don't allow internet sales of their products.
    Chuck-

7. Back To Top    #7

I technically can pick up the unit. I'm in NY. Thanks for the info.