Probably a leak

Hi Everyone, first i wanted to thank this site and forum for helping me understand my new (to me) pool. I've learned a lot and now inwardly cringe when neighbours talk about brining their sample into the local pool store, and how may chlorine pucks and algaecide they are using.

I've also now discovered that the fun never stops! After cleaning up an old Jandy Lite2 heater and getting that going this weekend, i now have probable reason to believe i have a leak.

After this weekend (I ran the heater all day on Sunday, but it's been off since) I've started loosing water. I only mention the heater since that's the last thing the 'changed'. In the past few weeks, i've had to top water up a little once a week or two, but now overnight i lost over an inch. I marked the level with a pencil to be sure. I ran the bucket test (another great idea from this site) during the same time, and it did not loose anywhere near that amount. There is no obvious leaking around the equipment, i guess that would be too easy....

Just now i've turned off the pump and plugged the returns and the skimmer to try to narrow down where the leak is, liner vs plumbing. I'll check after work to see if the water level moves.

I'm not sure if anyone has any advise right now, this is more of a vent/shared story. Maybe someone can learn from what I'm about to go through... Ill keep you posted!
Thanks for the read.

Sorry to hear about the potential water leak. But you have the right idea isolating one area at a time. If the liner proves to be good, then you can experiment with each plumbing side (suction versus pressure) to see which one it may be from there. Good luck!

Ok, lights, returns, and skimmer openings are the usual suspects. You can get a mask and snorkel and inspect the seams in the liner for tears. Another possibility is a a leaky waste line on the filter's multiport valve, if your filter has one.

Hey all! No real water loss during the day today. Maybe about 1/8' which was about the same as the bucket... Plumbing it is!

Right now I'm filling the pool back up and running the pump to circulate the water, there is nothing coming out of the waste line... I had high hopes that would be it zea3!

At this point how do I check which side of the plumbing is the problem? I'll search the site tonight but if anyone has a direction to head, I'm all ears

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.