Hello from first time pool owner in Louisiana

Jun 23, 2016
Gonzales, LA
Hello from hot and muggy Louisiana! My family and I just moved into a home less than a month ago with an in-ground pool and have never owned or maintained a pool before so we will be learning everything starting from step 1. I'm still trying to get all the details for the pool before I post questions but we are already starting to notice problems so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. So glad to have been referred to this site by a friend. Looks like it will be a terrific resource.

Welcome!

Here is a good place to start Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It would be a good idea to immediately order a test kit. The sooner you get it the sooner you can take control of your pool. We recommend the TF-100 (link in signature) or the Taylor 2006. The TF-100 is the better deal.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hello David and welcome to TFP! :wave: While you take the time to read the TFP Pool School and bookmark the vital links below in my sig, I would highly encourage you to procure the proper test kit. TFP recommends either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C (link below). Those are the only test kits proven to test at the levels recommended and/or required to ensure accuracy. I hope you'll make that step #1. If you have any water issues, that will be our first question - test kit results. From there, it's very easy and we can help guide you.

Great to have you with us on what should be yet another sweltering day. Have a nice day.