Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hazy/dull pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Hazy/dull pool

The larger of the 2 pools I look after has clear water but it is dull/hazy, here are my latest test results. I am treating it exactly as I do my own pool but not sure why I have this type of "cloudiness". When I refilled the pool I did a deep clean of the sand filter before putting it back in operation, any advice much appreciated. The water was sparkling clear for the first week...

FC 3.8 (ADDED BLEACH AS PER THE CALCULATOR)
    CC 0
    PH 7.3
    TA 89
    CYA 49
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Hazy/dull pool

Generally a pool gets hazy or cloudy due to an algae outbreak. The minimum FC for a CYA is 4. Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart If you regularly go below that, algae can start.
    Performing an OCLT Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) can confirm the need to SLAM. Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hazy/dull pool

Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest
    10300 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.
    9500 Gallon vinyl pool, 0.75 Kripsol pump, glass filter, Pool Exact EZ photometer tester.