Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Redoing my pad plumbing

1. Back To Top    #1

Redoing my pad plumbing

I've cut all the pvc for the suction lines....before I cemented everything in, just wanted to get an opinion of some of the experts to make sure the design is acceptable is far as head loss etc etc....The 2 lines coming in are from the skimmer and the main drain and are 1.5"....the branch tee has 1.5" coming in and 2" going out to the pump....and the rest of the pad plumbing is 2" until it gets to the return line which is 1.5" that goes underground...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Redoing my pad plumbing

That looks very nice, it looks like you have 2 filters, what it the connection right before the filter going to, great job
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

A quick tip on gluing PVC. When you dry fit everything like you did, wrap a piece of masking tape around the pipe next to the fitting. This way when you put the purple primer on it has a nice clean line around the pipe. Looks very professional that way.
    Unknown make 18' above ground (bought used in 1999) Sparco sand filter. Hayward 100,000 BTu heater. 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by danpik View Post
    A quick tip on gluing PVC. When you dry fit everything like you did, wrap a piece of masking tape around the pipe next to the fitting. This way when you put the purple primer on it has a nice clean line around the pipe. Looks very professional that way.
    Never thought of that....great idea....

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    That looks very nice, it looks like you have 2 filters, what it the connection right before the filter going to, great job
    Only 1 filter....its a Hayward 7030.....went with the largest cartridge filter I could find...the connection right before the filter is a waste line going out...it has a ball valve that opens it up....now that I am thinking about it, I should probably have used a 3 way diverter valve because water is still going to flow into the filter... I wonder if I plumb in another ball valve somewhere after the filter to stop the flow of water back to the return lines, if water will still flow through the filter? It will get used so very little...really only to drain the pool or let a little water out if we get a torrential storm, that I could always just pull the filters if need be even if water would still flow through it...

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

ahhh, yep, a 3 way would have worked better but its not a bad thing, so what if some water goes back to the pool and takes 10 minutes longer, it works and its easy

I just painted rubber over the purple

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

They also make a clear primer and glue ... although it does tend to turn a lil yellow with age.
    Chuck-
    15x30 Above ground, Pentair Superflo VS, 19" sand filter, TF-100 test kit
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump / 6x20 ground mount solar panel / DIY automation

Photos of 2016 Build, Inside Your Breaker Panel, Free Copy of 2017 NEC code
    TFP is funded by member support click here to help

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    ahhh, yep, a 3 way would have worked better but its not a bad thing, so what if some water goes back to the pool and takes 10 minutes longer, it works and its easy

I just painted rubber over the purple
    The rubber looks really good.... Was it difficult to do? Does it have any advantages?

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

It was not hard, 6 to 8 coats, light coat to start and then heavier about 5 to 10 minutes apart..

I am not sure if it will help the pipe any, maybe UV protection?? but I like the look and the purple is gone

1st coat

4th or 5th coat of just black

then the final coat