I have a 33,000 gallon 20x40 pool with a 275lb sand filter (I just changed the sand).
I've owned the house for a while, and when I open it each summer, I usually just dump a bunch of chlorine in every night until it clears (usually takes 2 weeks).
This year, I've decided to do it right, so I bought a K-2006 test kit.
I took the cover off this afternoon and it was black. pH was way over 8, so I added acid to drop the pH to 7.2 - 7.4.
Then I added 54oz of Leslie's Power Powder Pro (73% available chlorine, no stabilizer). I intend to switch over to liquid chlorine, but I have about 50lbs of this left from last summer.
After 1 hour:
FC = 0.8ppm
CC = 0.8ppm
I assume I need to add more chlorine already, correct?