Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool uprights not level.

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool uprights not level.

Hi, I need some advise. My pool was installed last week, it is a 30 ft above ground Quantum(Sentinelle) Aqualeader. I sent pictures to the company we bought it from and they acted like it can be fixed and the pool is totally safe to swim in. I am unsure about that. Today the installer called and asked what was going on and I told him the uprights look like they are leaning into or out of the pool and he acted like it is a problem with this particular pool and not able to be fixed. I will attach pictures in a minute if I can figure it out.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool uprights not level.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

So the manufacturer says it's a bad installation and the installer says it's a manufacturing defect.

I'm calling it a bad installation. I'm an expert because I did it myself with our 20' Intex, two years in a row. It's easy to do and easier to spot- they should have spotted it before they filled it. If they spotted it after they filled it, the easiest way out would have been to apologize for the delay while they drained it and fixed it. Now they're trying to pretend that the pool kit left the factory with posts that weren't plumb?

Ask your installer for his company's liability insurance information. Explain that you're going to have your homeowner's insurance agent inspect the pool because you worry that they may deny any pool related claims after they see it.

And then if it's not fixed, do it. You paid for a pool installation and I don't see that it's finished.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you, the installer said the day of the installation that they should not even be selling these pools due to broken parts.

The company we bought it from said it could be fixed by the installer, but the installer acted like it is a manufacturing defect.

I will definitely do what you said about the liability and the insurance. The pool place stated that the uprights could be taken off of it and it would still hold the water, which I am pretty sure that is a tall tale.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

The installation crew obviously didn't measure to make sure that the bottom track was perfectly circular after they set the wall up. That is an important step as when installing the wall the bottom track is going to get all out of round.
    They should have trued up the diameter and they failed to do so which is why there are uprights going all different directions.

They definitely need to come back and drain it and do it right. I'd also push for them to pay for the water since it's their fault it has to be drained and redone in the first place.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for all the great information. I will keep you updated, the installer is coming on Saturday.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

I agree with Jamison but... I have a question. Is the pool full in all these pics or just the first picture?

The pool is out of round. The pool installer is an idiot and taking the easy way out by blaming a company that had nothing to do with the installation of this beautiful above ground pool. Don't buy the BS.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

9. Back To Top    #9

The pool is full in all of the pictures.

Thank you for all your help. I will update tomorrow after he is here.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

10. Back To Top    #10

I do have a quick question about wrinkles. We have a few and it is a flat bottom pool. Also when a new pool is installed on fine mason sand is it squishy on the bottom. Thanks everyone

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Wrinkles: being out of round will definitely create more wrinkles than if it was perfectly round. Wrinkles for happen but should be very far and few between when it's perfectly round. Fewer if it's a beaded liner as they are slightly smaller and stretch into place.

The sand bottom will be squishy if it is several inches deep and was dry when they installed the liner. It won't really ever pack much until all the weight of the water is pressing down on it and even then it might still shift some. Damp sand will pack down a little bit better.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

12. Back To Top    #12

Thank you so much Jamison. It is a j hook loner so I am not sure if it is beaded.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

13. Back To Top    #13

J hook liner is also cut slightly smaller than the actual pool dimensions and will also stretch into place as it fills and should be for the most part wrinkle free.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thank u so much. That is what we were thinking. waiting for the installer, so..

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

About the wrinkles

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

Ok, they r saying we should not have put a pool on disturbed ground. I am about fed up.

Company will do whatever to fix pool, but will not refund or take the pool back.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

17. Back To Top    #17

Pool installer is saying no pools uprights r exactly plumb or level. They will always be a little off.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

18. Back To Top    #18

All above ground pools should be installed level and plumb within 1". It should not be obvious that it is off when you look at the pool. Does the installer work for the place where you bought the pool or is he an independent contractor?

And what do they mean by "disturbed ground"?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

19. Back To Top    #19

Thank you. We are using a level and they are not between the two middle bars, what would within 1" look like.

We had some trees and the ground was dug down to get the roots out and then the ground was replaced and smoothed.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

And we used a compactor.

30' Aqualeader AG Pool
    Hayward Sand Filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast