Intex Sand filter issues

keithk

Jul 11, 2010
I currently have 2 issues with the pump (sand filter SF20110). I've also getting ready to leave for vacation. :mad:

1. I'm getting sand back into the pool. Right now I have a sock over the discharge to catch all the sand. I've had never changed the sand since I've had the pump, maybe 5-6 years. It's probably overdue to be changed out? I have no idea how often it is recommended to change the sand. Thoughts? I probably just need to open the dang thing up and look at everything.

2. Tonight when I got gone with backwashing the pump, I noticed that water kept running from the waste port on the pump after I shut the pump off. I believe everything was fine before I backwashed. I'm able to put the cap back on so it doesn't leak all over the place, but this one has be a bit more baffled. It leaks no matter what position the valve is in, even closed. Could the 2 issues be related? Sand caught in a gasket or something? Something wrong with the 6 way valve?

Obviously I'm not going to be able to fix the issues before we leave and have a temp fix, but any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

Yeah, I saw the link on the deep clean last night. I'll have to do that when I get back.

If it's the gasket, it looks like I will need the entire 6 way valve according to Intex website. :|

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.