Rocks in pool salt

ouachita

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2009
I recall seeing a thread about this last year I believe. I just wanted to add a warning. I had small rocks in two bags of diamond crystal splash ready pool salt that I bought at lowes. I have bought pool salt from them for years and I believe it has always been diamond crystal but I'm not certain. Regardless I have never had this problem before. These were large enough that I believe they could have damaged my liner if left. I threw the largest ones away before I thought to take a picture. The largest were about 5 times the size of the biggest ones in the photo I took.
9b2684397f2ba2f0ab9e6697a692f4cd.jpg

44913bf06e8159d427520bced95336bf.jpg

I bought some salt at Walmart. There were a few black pieces, but no rocks. I had poured it in a pitcher to spread it around so I could look closely as I was adding it. The thought crossed my mind, AT&T he time, that there could be unwanted particles in it.

I've noticed them in Morton and Diamond Crystal water softener salt in the past. This year, the Morton Salt has been clean.

It bugs the heck out of me. I've been tempted to save them all until I have 40 lbs worth and then bring them back to the store and ask for a free bag. Clearly not worth the effort, but it does make me feel better to think about it.

I found that the pellets are clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.