New 12 x 24 doughboy desert spring with deep end

Jul 7, 2013
I will start off by saying that I say deep end lightly as they did the dig yesterday and the "deep end" area is not very large.

So my wife and I went back and forth for a couple of years about getting a pool. We looked at in grounds and with the way my yard is set up it would have been pushing 45-50 thousand after retaining walls and landscaping.

We decided on an above ground as we go to the beach most weekends anyway and wanted something at home so my in laws will have something for the kids to do while we are at work.

I bought everything out my self and seperate. I bought the pool and equipment direct. Only thing I have not purchased yet is the heater as I am cheap and am waiting for a used one on craigslist for a good price

We purchased a SP15922S 2 speed hayward pump, a S210T hayward Filter and an aquatrol rj SWG as we used salt before in an intex and loved it.

Our actual pool install is slated for July 5th and 6th unless they get a cancellation. Yesterday they did the dig so at least that's done. I will have to add a small retaining wall but I can do it myself so no big deal. The week after the pool we are getting stamped concrete installed and after that a deck around some of the pool.

d2e51532f80ed9cb25bcbfbafc027fae.jpg

83dd6fdc1a29e7a248580d76a353d6e8.jpg

I'll update this as we go. Still have a lot of wood to chop from the tree we took down but that's good exercise . We are excited to say the least!

Does this deep end even make a difference to anyone that has a similar sized pool?

Oh. And the tft-100 kit, salt water kit and mixer have been on the shelf for at least a month!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HI! I am just now seeing your thread.

Just how big is that "deep end"? It looks kind of small. More like it would be a trip hazard and dirt holder rather than deep enough to "dive" into. What is your thinking on this? It seems as if it should be a "deep END" instead of a deeper hole. Just my thoughts.

Kim:cat:

Kim

E are not making a diving end. Just a spot where the kids can do some cannonballs. I checked the dig spec per doughboy and it is ecaxt based on needing 30" ledges around the deep end. We are limited to a 12' wide pool based on set backs for the Township.

Sweet! That makes sense. I just learned something! THANKS! I bet the kids will love it!

Have you done a search on here for you brand of pools? They might not notice your thread but be willing to answer questions if you send them a PM.

Installed a 2.5 x 6 foot concrete equipment pad today. I called the pool guy and just said to stub the inlet and outlets and I will plumb the rest. I just don't trust they will do it right. At least I won't have a far run from the gas meter

1fdc59c05bf544020d1c33ec3a67e41a.jpg

Pool install is supposed to start tomorrow. Calling for some rain so we shall see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And all Jandy Neverlube type valves - not the straight across plastic handle type that are so attractively priced.

Already bought! In my she'd waiting for me. It's 1130 and pool builders still here. They are going to try finishing tonight. Another crew on saturday for the hard plumbing and electrician on sunday.

uploadfromtaptalk1467861901332.jpg

I was out there until 1245 am with then. I'm in construction management and these guys were very meticulous. The foreman was phnomenal. They will be back today to put up the walls. They basically got the buttress set with the pressure plates the the bottom rails. Very impressed! We had flood lights set up so it was like day time. Lucky I have nice neighbors!

Another late night. They were here till at least midnight as me and my wide went to bed. Liner is in and about 2' of water above the hopper is in. They lead a mark below the skimmer for us to fill to. I'll get more pics tonight

uploadfromtaptalk1467968470280.jpg

Haha. Electric not coming until Sunday. Once they get skimmer hooked up on saturday is ok to test the water to see if anytging is needed before adding salt?

I would test the fill water NOW so you can have what you need on hand. Here are some links for you when staring up and running a pool with TFP:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.