Question about 10ml FC test with K-2006

Use one heaping scoop. Not flat/level, just a healthy dip. That should work just fine.

A couple highlights from the Extended Test Kit Directions page:
The exact amount of R-0870 powder used is not critical. The goal is to add more than you really need rather than using too little. Using too little R-0870 powder can throw off the results of the test. You need to use enough to bind to all of the chlorine that is present. Adding extra, within reason, has no effect. At very high FC levels it is likely that you will need to use more than the normal amount.
add one heaping dipper, or two level dippers, of R-0870

Technically speaking the Taylor instructions say to use 2 scoops regardless of sample size. The reason being is that, within reason, adding excess powder is not a big deal. However, you can add too little powder and that would skew results. So, in trying to be as simple as possible and not force people to spend a lot of time thinking about measuring powder, they say to just use two scoops regardless.

Some users here will tell you that's just wasting powder and you can get away with one scoop. Well, that might be the case but, honestly speaking, given the relatively cheap cost of the reagent compared to how much money one spends on a pool in season, it only really matters if you happen to need to measure FC/CC a lot, like during a SLAM. I always use two scoops regardless (actually I use the Taylor Unit Dose Dispenser which dispenses slightly more than two level scoops) because I care more about getting correct results than nickel & diming my reagent use.

It's up to you....

Technically speaking the Taylor instructions say to use 2 scoops regardless of sample size. The reason being is that, within reason, adding excess powder is not a big deal. However, you can add too little powder and that would skew results. So, in trying to be as simple as possible and not force people to spend a lot of time thinking about measuring powder, they say to just use two scoops regardless.

Some users here will tell you that's just wasting powder and you can get away with one scoop. Well, that might be the case but, honestly speaking, given the relatively cheap cost of the reagent compared to how much money one spends on a pool in season, it only really matters if you happen to need to measure FC/CC a lot, like during a SLAM. I always use two scoops regardless (actually I use the Taylor Unit Dose Dispenser which dispenses slightly more than two level scoops) because I care more about getting correct results than nickel & diming my reagent use.

It's up to you....

Thanks for the reply. My last concern is saving reagent. I'm more concerned with getting inaccurate readings so if 2 level scoops will assure me a good representative sample, then that's what I'll do. Just trying to get a concrete answer because I searched and found many different answers

Your response made the most sense. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Use one heaping scoop. Not flat/level, just a healthy dip. That should work just fine.

A couple highlights from the Extended Test Kit Directions page:

Thanks .. 2 level scoops is what I've been doing. The fact that I keep hearing you can't use too much makes me feel better about two level scoops.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.