How small is too small?

Aug 5, 2013
Currently considering a 14x28 vinyl in-ground after taking down our 28ft AGP. Anyone regret they didn't go bigger? I always felt the 28ft AGP was a little too big to care for and for our use. I have the dimensions mapped out a bit and it feels ok.. but reality is sometimes different.

THX!

Sun

Size really doesn't matter. Go with what you are happy with.

If you felt the old one was too big for your pool usage the. You are correct to downsize. Just with a smaller pool be a little more exacting with chemical additions.

We just put in a 13.5x28 kidney and its perfect for our space. We have had up to 8 people in it at once and its still fine. Majority of the time its just my family. Some advantages I can tell you are: heats up much faster, little to no change in levels and does not take a lot of chemicals to balance, and it vacuum and cleans fast.

We finished building our pool last summer and I wish we had gone a tad longer. Ours is 14 x 25 and I think if we had just added a few feet to the length it would be so much better. The 14' width is fine in my opinion, but it looks a bit stubby at 25'. Plus we have our treasured big Baja step that takes up a lot of the interior. So I think your dimensions will work out nicely at 28'.

Also, we only went to 5' deep which has its advantages. But I think 6' would have been nicer. I'd feel safer diving in if it were deeper (I just kind of hang over the edge in a dive position and delicately drop in since it's so shallow). The deeper you go the longer you want the pool so the slope can be gradual instead of severe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.