Hello everyone .. New to the forums and a new pool owner. As you can see in my sig, just built last September, ran for two weeks and closed. Opened up in late May. Had a little bit of algae but nothing crazy. The installer did a complimentary opening where they dumped in 5 gallons of liquid chlorine and started up the filter system.
I am an avid do it yourselfer so I went right to work doing some research. I've been lurking on this sight for a while and after some research, I quickly ordered a Taylor K-2006 kit from Amazon. It's a nice little kit. I also added a Salinity test kit since I own a SWG.
After baseline testing I basically needed everything. Once I established a chlorine level, I went after Cya first and then alkalinity followed by ph and then calcium hardness. I added 15lbs stabilizer, 25 lbs baking soda, 2 lbs Borax, and 50 lbs calcium chloride. My levels today are as follows:
FC - 7
CC - 0 (I've never had a reading yet)
TA - 110
PH - 7.5
CH - 250
Pool looks very good. I've been slowly working the FC down to target around a 6. I've also been watching the ph rise slowly so I can hit it with a little muriatic to bring the alkalinity down a little.
I know I will have some questions as there is no way I can be this lucky on the first try .. Haha
Looking forward to learning more as I go.