Cloudy Water

Jun 16, 2015
Burke VA
Hey TFP,
I've been running my pump non stop for 1 week but water is still very cloudy, the shallow end is a little bit better than the deep end. I thought it was an algae problem so i shocked my pool, did an overnight test and FC stayed strong at 14, my filter was reading at 15 psi, i cant recall how much it is with a new filter but the filter was a bit dirty, i overnight the filter in TSP, than washed it down, cleaned it with muriatic acid (15:1 ratio)(no bubbles or foam came up when i did this). Washed it down very thoroughly, filter still reading at 15 psi. I checked the return jet, seems to be coming out very strong. The PH was nearing 8.3 a few days ago (lots of rain), i lowered it with muriatic acid down to 7.7 2 days ago. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks guy!

• FC - 14
    TC- 14
  • PH - 7.7
  • TA - 100
  • CH - 120
  • CYA - 35

Clorox Bleach 8.25%
Also, i have a cartridge filter, was brand new when i opened pool last year. However the color of the filter is not white, its more like a ceramy/brown color. Am not sure it if was white brand new or not.

A cartridge filter should be clearing up the cloudiness if all the algae is dead and there is not a problem with the filter or if the pump is not too big for the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.