Aiming of the old pool returns

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Hello, I am trying to figure out the best way to aim my pool returns to keep the pool as clean as possible. My main drain is plugged. The pool is 16x30 at its widest and longest points. The deep end is about 9 feet deep. Currently I do get debris stashes in the deep end at the bottom of pool underneath the skimmer. I have jet 1 pointed towards the bench on the right hand side of pool just below the surface. I have jet 2 pointed towards the left but maybe should point it towards bottom of pool, the deepest part.

Please see attached

Attachments

• pool with jets.jpg
    pool with jets.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 29
The jets help not only with chemical mixing, but water surface movement back towards your skimmer. We like to get stuff pushed to the skimmer before it sinks if possible. You can try tossing a few ping-pong balls on the water to see how well they move around. As long as the prevailing winds aren't overwhelming your test, you can get a good idea of how stuff is floating towards the skimmer. :)

Ping pong balls, or a grandkid's collection of rubber duckies, lol

Mine is shaped similar but two skimmers. While you try different things to see what works best I think I would start with jet 1 as far to the right as you can get it towards the steps (not that you can get it quite that far) and create a clockwise surface movement. Jet 2 pointing almost across but aimed just to the left of the narrow point in the pool to also create a clockwise movement and carry things to the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.