Jun 9, 2016
Bayonne, nj
Hello... Helping out a friends pool here.... She has an auto chlronitaor but I'm assuming it doesn't work Bc there was no FC registering. Also cya doesn't register either. So my question is should I raise cya before SLAM?

I'm using the recommended test kit
It's a brand new 15 round pool
D.E. Filter

Yes, get a sock hanging first.

That might be the reason it SWG doesn't appear to work. Slam it at 20-30 CYA, then get it up to 80 when the water's clear.

If they were using the autochlorinator with trichlor pucks after an initial start up without first adding any CYA, it would be difficult to measure CYA until they had used several tablets or more. They would have to have fully dissolved 6 tablets in the feeder to achieve a CYA level near 30 ppm with a 5500 gallon pool volume estimate. Do they know how many tablets have fully dissolved? I would estimate the CYA at 10-20 ppm and target 30 ppm when adding CYA. Remeasure after it has all dissolved. You can proceed with the SLAM after adding that CYA, assuming the CYA is now at 30 until retesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.